Recovering expunged but not purged e-mails from mdbox with zlib compression

Daniel Schütze dms at cwa.uk.com
Tue Nov 10 21:39:08 EET 2020

Dear Aki

Thank you again.

Running

doveadm -Dv -o
maillocation=mdbox_deleted:/usr/home/vmail/mail/username/mdbox/storage/file
fetch -u username text all

Does dump messages out.

However the messages do not include two messages which are present in
the mdbox file and which I recovered by hand and so am using as a test
to see if I can extract them effectively.  These were in the Drafts
mailbox so I've also run the command with mailbox Drafts at the end.

The output seems to be just dumping messages which are not expunged!

Daniel Schütze
Director

CWA International Ltd
5th Floor, 42 Trinity Square