Files in tmp directory

David Morsberger david at mmpcrofton.com
Fri Nov 27 02:42:24 EET 2020

I had to restore many thousands of dovecot emails from a crashed Mac Server to a new Ubuntu server. After completing I am noticing a few things that may be okay or may need to be fixed.

1) a couple of mailboxes have a lot (one has 102462) emails in the tmp directory. The files do not have the standard Mairdir++ filename format. An example:
     1581262582.M397740P72267.mini.mmpcrofton.com <http://1581262582.m397740p72267.mini.mmpcrofton.com/>  (missing the stuff at the end, ,S=,W=:2,S)

2) I see files in the cur directory that do not have the Maildir++ format. An example:
     1601287326.V810Ie80087M240104.mmp-mail.mmpcrofton.com:2,S. (do not have the ,S=,W= values and the second value, V810Ie80087M240104, is longer that the other file names)

How do I get the emails in (1) out of tmp?

Do I need to convert the emails in (2)?

David