Sv: Avoid duplicate emails in the sent folder

Sebastian sebastian at sebbe.eu
Sun Apr 4 15:56:55 EEST 2021

Why? Isn't it better to fix misbehaving clients server-side?

For example, some clients I have (OEM built-in clients) are for example putting the date 1970-01-01 on all outgoing emails (and also on incoming emails which lacks a Date: header) causing them to land at the bottom of the inbox view and then I miss the emails.
Or I sit there wondering where the lingering "unread" email is.

I fixed it simple with a simple ACL filter which replaces the Date: header on all incoming and outgoing emails with the Date: header having the current date/time of the server.

Problem solved!

Thats why its so nice with email servers having "scripting" or "filter" functionality, because you can usually fix misbehaving or glitchy or weird clients server-side so the experience becomes the same as a behaving client for the end-user.