Timo - is the v2.3.15 GCC limitation really necessarily or it's just a bug?

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Mon Aug 2 10:35:29 EEST 2021

Hi all!

On 01/08/2021 23:24, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>> On 01/08/2021 23:44 Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:
[...]
>> On Sun, 2021-08-01 at 21:53 +0300, Mart Pirita wrote:
>>>
>>> As Docvecot does not support INC_PATH= and ignores --includedir= option,
>>
>> You can try CPPFLAGS="-I<path>" in the future. I don't know how a
>> normal person would ever figure it out, but that's the "correct" way to

Just write Makefiles (or read the docs of `make`);-)

>> include headers from a non-default directory.
>
> That's a feature of autoconf, documented in e.g. https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.63/html_node/Preset-Output-Variables.html. You can use ./configure ... EXTRA_CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS. The EXTRA_CFLAGS is dovecot specific.

CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LDLIBS (and a lot more) are
actually used/defined by the default rules of `make`.
autoconf just generates shell scripts and Makefiles as it uses
`make` ...

MfG,
	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
     There is NO CLOUD, just other people's computers. - FSFE
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at