public folders, ACLs

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Aug 2 20:55:52 EEST 2021

Am 30.07.21 um 11:53 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> greetings ...
>
> I got the following request from a customer where we run dovecot-2.3.15
> on a debian server:
>
> They have a public folder with all their project-related subfolders inside:
>
> namespace {
>
>    location = maildir:/home/vmail/oeffentlich
>
>    prefix = Oeffentlich/
>
>    separator = /
>
>    subscriptions = yes
>
>    type = public
>
> }

I tried to enable the acl plugin now, following

https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/plugin/acl/

I chose:

"
plugin {
   # Without global ACLs:
   acl = vfile
[..]
}
"
# doveadm mailbox list -u myuser at domain.net

lists folder/mailbox "Oeffentlich"

but I get:
# doveadm mailbox list -u myuser at domain.net

... "Error: Can't open mailbox Oeffentlich: Mailbox doesn't exist:
Oeffentlich"

# ls -l /home/vmail/oeffentlich/

insgesamt 380

-rw------- 1 vmail vmail      0 Aug  2 19:40 dovecot-acl-list

If I turn off the ACL plugin, the folder and subfolders are there.

Setting also fails (executed as root):

# doveadm -Dv acl set "Oeffentlich" "myuser at domain.net" lookup read
write write-seen write-deleted insert delete expunge create

... "Error: Can't open mailbox Oeffentlich: Mailbox doesn't exist:
Oeffentlich"

It is located in "
# ls -l /home/vmail/

insgesamt 160

[other domains]

drwx------    2 vmail vmail  16384 Apr 21  2020 lost+found

drwx------ 3446 vmail vmail 135168 Aug  2 19:44 oeffentlich"

I also tried with "oeffentlich" .. lowercase.

pls advise ...