public folders, ACLs

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Aug 5 17:50:48 EEST 2021

Am 05.08.21 um 10:00 schrieb Markus Valentin:

> Hi,
>
> i would suggest using 2.3.15 also for testing.

Will do, thanks

> It seems to me that you are trying to use the namespace prefix itself as mailbox rather than an actual mailbox ("public.foo" for example).

Yes, that's also my assumption.

> Did you see these docs:
> - https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/shared_mailboxes/public_shared/#example-public-mailboxes-with-acls

Been there 10 times ;-) to recheck my settings.

> - https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/mail_location/Maildir/

not for a long time

-

How would I proceed to turn on ACLs for an existing public namespace?
How to apply the "default" ACLs?

Create acl-files in all first level mailboxes?

There are ~5500 directories in there, I have to make sure to not break
things.

The main goal is:

- only allow some admins to create and rename project-mailboxes

- the rest of the users should not be able to create/move/remove these
mailboxes, but should be able to move mails between them

thanks