Containerize dovecot?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Wed Aug 25 01:01:21 EEST 2021

Thank to other responses with links that i'll learning from! Thanks you
very much

On 2021-08-24 00:35, Marc wrote:
> What are you trying to achieve with containerizing?

hmm, easy deployment & scaling? also reslient against hardware crashes,
etc.

> You have to take into account that your
> storage is persistant,

Have you see what challenge this poses? Love to hear your opinion about
it. Maybe this is where using object-storage backend becomes more
powerful solution?

> you have to take into account getting something
> like proxy to redirect traffic etc etc.

Yes I thought also proxy/director also become containerized. You said
this for teaching a certain point?

> If you want to
> deploy the container on a orchestrator so it is going to be
> (re)started on a random hosts.

you mention so because all hosts must be connected to same storage?

> I managed to get this to work
> via alpine linux (nice small), but I think I am going back to vm.

what reasons? what kind of vm do you use?