[OT] Re: What kind of search response time are you setting with solr full text search?

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Wed Aug 25 23:32:51 EEST 2021

On 8/25/2021 2:10 PM, Steve Dondley wrote:

> And it looks like I'm running into a major bug in the slightly dated
> version of dovecot debian uses:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg78825.html

Recently I did a fairly major upgrade.  I had an older Ubuntu release
with Dovecot 1.x and an older Postfix version, wanted to upgrade it to
v20, which had significantly newer versions of both programs.

Before I did the Ubuntu upgrade, I took advice received here and
installed the dovecot repo, upgrading it first.  I looked at the
following link and only found a couple of things in my config I needed
to change.  I didn't even use the conversion command at the top of the
page.  Everything still worked after I upgraded, which I found a little
surprising.  Postfix also worked after the upgrade, with no config
changes required.

https://doc.dovecot.org/installation_guide/upgrading/from-1.2-to-2.0/

I did the fts_solr integration *after* I upgraded dovecot.

You can find the dovecot repos here, there are options for Debian:

https://repo.dovecot.org/

Thanks,
Shawn