spf helo pass

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Thu Dec 30 22:07:12 UTC 2021

> On 12-30-2021 10:35 am, Felix Zielcke wrote:
>
> But dovecot mailing list uses ARC Headers.
> And they seem to verify for me (using rspamd)

I have not fully studied ARC, but from briefly looking isn't ARC just a way for the sending server to attest to the email it is relaying as being legit? So if the sending server is a spam server couldn't it lie and claim the mail is legit? If that is the case I'm not sure what the point of ARC is, how does it prevent fraud? Its like asking a liar if they are lying and taking their word for it. And i assumed this is why ARC never really took off.