migration from 2.0.16

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Fri Jan 1 16:18:14 EET 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 03:56:45PM +0100, Barbara M. wrote:
> Debian 10 is EOL on 2022

this may be true, but (1) you can probably expect Debian to have LTS for
this - they had for the last few distributions, extending their
livetimes to more than 5 years at least (I think Jessie was pulled
recently), and upgrades are usually smooth.

> Ubuntu LTS seems a solution, but I hadn't ever used it (I may be wrong, but
> in the past Canonical don't inspire me to much trust).

Me too. IMHO, Debian is the better choice, due to better QA and more
effort in backwards compatibility and upgradability. Also, Debian is
less driven by commercial considerations, and at least not directly
dependend on company policies.

A happy new year all around!

Enjoy,
Toni