status of test code

steve at keptprivate.com steve at keptprivate.com
Sat Jan 9 20:47:09 EET 2021

Hi,

I'm continuing to try to build 2.3.13 with a source RPM.

At this point I've taken the source zip file and I'm working with the previously working qmailtoaster SPEC file and RPM build process.

The toaster SPEC file runs the built-in dovecot tests after build... 2.3.11 would make it through all the tests with a few minor exceptions.

2.3.13 seems no longer able to run the test is lib-ssl-iostream or lib-lua (and perhaps others, but that's as far as I've gotten).

I can selectively disable the tests to make progress, but it raises the question of what the plans are for the built-in tests.

Also, I continue to not be able to find where all the testing is turned on/off at once? I'm sure it will be obvious when someone tells me but
please tell me, because I'm pulling my hair out.

Steve