Changing the default delivery mailbox to something other than INBOX

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Jan 18 08:56:50 EET 2021

On Jan 17, 2021, at 10:48 PM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> wrote:

> Don't touch the INBOX setting (leave it out), use the -m parameter for dovecot-lda.

I don’t think that will work.  My MTA is postfix and it’s connected to dovecot via LMTP, so AFAIK postfix is talking to dovecot over a socket, and dovecot-lda isn’t being invoked so there is no place to pass that the -m parameter.  But we are at the limits of my understanding of how all this stuff actually works under the hood so please correct me if I’m wrong here.

rg