Changing the default delivery mailbox to something other than INBOX

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Jan 18 18:16:50 EET 2021

On Jan 18, 2021, at 8:11 AM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> wrote:

> How about using IMAP Sieve for Spam filter training? https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/howto/antispam_with_sieve/

That is in fact exactly what I am doing.

> Also, sieve rules are processed during Delivery (lmtp or lda), not if users or spam filters move messages around. IMAP sieve is different thing, and needs to be separately configured. Not sure what "infinite loop" you are seeing here?

Ah.  I did not realize that sieve and IMAP sieve were two different things.  I though they were synonyms.

I’m not actually *seeing* an infinite loop, I was merely anticipating one.  But that was based on what is apparently a false assumption.  So I need to go back and re-do my design analysis with this in mind.

Thanks for the help!

rg