Obtaining the IMAP GUID from a sieve script

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Mon Jan 18 18:39:30 EET 2021

On 18.01.21 12:18, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2021, at 04:12, Jochen Bern <Jochen.Bern at binect.de> wrote:
>> (Also, you can legally have several e-mails with the same Message-ID in
>> your mailbox; e.g., someone addressed it to two aliases that both expand
>> to you, just to name one possibilty where *both* go through *sieve* as
>> well.)
>
> I delete duplicates before they are delivered to a mailbox.

... do I really need to elaborate on why I wrote "just to name *one*
possibility"?

Your own mails to a (simple) mailinglist, given that you'll likely
already have a copy in your "Sent" folder as the on-list version comes
back to you?

Received mail matching several topics at once, and the user first copies
it to archive folder A, then moves the original to folder B, all via IMAP?

Versions of an e-mail that are *marked* deleted, but not yet expunged,
and can still be seen/accessed/undeleted/moved/copied/... in *some* IMAP
clients?

Regards,
--
Jochen Bern