Sieve fileinto :create is failing

Piotr Auksztulewicz dcml at hasiok.net
Wed Jan 20 22:32:31 EET 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 12:12:40PM -0800, Ron Garret wrote:
> 1.  Is there any documentation about what “requires” are needed
> to access various features?  The only source I’ve found for this is
> reverse-engineering examples.

Sieve RFCs. At least this is what I have used to learn sieve. Each
extension to basic language needs a specific keyword in require statement.
List of supported extensions with links to RFCs is on the wiki:

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve

> 2.  Is there a way to change the location of the sieve logfile that
> gets created when a sieve script produces an error?  Right now it ends
> up in the same directory as the script, but I’d prefer to have in
> /var/log along with everything else.

plugin {
    sieve_user_log = <path>
}

It's per-user and written with logged-in user rights, so you probably
wan't be able to put it in /var/log unless you use some clever permissions
setup, depending on how you run imap processes. I don't know if it
supports %u expansion or something.

Piotr "Malgond" Auksztulewicz                     firstname at lastname.net