Massive /tmp files

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Jan 22 21:43:17 EET 2021

On 22 Jan 2021, at 11:29, Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> wrote:
> So then my next question is (and I’m not intending to challenge you here, I’m just trying to get a better understanding of how dovecot works under the hood): where would these hard links come from?  What does dovecot use hard links for?

I have no idea. As I said, it happened to me which is why I mentioned it as a possibility. My fix was to remove all the linked files and leave the originals. I did this a few times and then the problem went away at some point.

This was the initial post, it was about links int eh Hunj folder and I suspected sieve might be the cause

--
Spontaneity has its time and place.