Forwarding parameters for imapc

bra at fsn.hu bra at fsn.hu
Tue Jan 26 10:21:24 EET 2021

Hi,

I have the following IMAP setup:
dovecot proxy -> dovecot server -> IMAP backend (imapc)

What I want to achieve is to have the original client parameters from
the proxy in the IMAP backend.
Dovecot in proxy mode sends them via an ID command, like this:
ID ("x-session-id" "SESS" "x-originating-ip" "IP" "x-originating-port"
"PORT" "x-connected-ip" "IP" "x-connected-port" "PORT" "x-proxy-ttl"
"4")

Is it possible with current dovecot versions to send this to the imapc
backend as well?
Of course I would expect that if the dovecot proxy is in
login_trusted_networks, information from it should be used (IMAP: ID,
POP/LMTP: XCLIENT).

If this is not the case, could you please implement it?

Thanks,