Pigeonhole sieve_user_log

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 1 03:47:11 EEST 2021

On 28/06/2021 15:11, dovecot at ptld.com wrote:
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/sieve/configuration/
>
> Pigeonhole creates logs separate from main dovecot logs. I see
> sieve_user_log allows you to change log location and it says if you
> don't set it logs are still made by default.
>
> I can not find anything about log rotation of these pigeonhole logs or
> if there is a way to disable this logging.
User log can currently not be disabled.

> Do i need to worry about this log growing out of control?
No, it is rotated when the log exceeds 10k. At most two log files ever
exist in parallel. The rotated log gets a .0 suffix. There is no .1.

> Is there a way to disable it?
No.

> Does it prune/purge itself?
It only rotates. Logs are otherwise kept indefinitely.

> Any practical reason to keep these logs?
Most user-caused problems are not logged anywhere else.

Regards,

Stephan.