Postfix / Dovecot Not Able to Authenticate

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Tue Jul 6 03:27:40 EEST 2021

> On 07-05-2021 7:49 pm, techlists at phpcoderusa.com wrote:
> Ok, figured out the issue.  My passwd-file was not configured
> correctly.
>
> Now I can send however I cannot receive.  I find nothing in the logs.

Now you are back to a postfix question so you might be told to move the
convo back there.
You might not be looking in the right place for the logs. On RHEL
systems the default logs are (/var/log/maillog) but you can check your
rsyslog to confirm where the logs are going. (/etc/rsyslog.conf)

I tested your postfix and it answered to telnet, so its working which
means there will be logs somewhere.
Find the logs first, without them no one can offer suggestions.