dsync replication fails with No space left on device / Out of memory

Steven Varco dovecot.org at bbs.varco.ch
Thu Jul 8 02:39:08 EEST 2021

> Am 07.07.2021 um 10:34 schrieb @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com>:
>
> On 2021 Jul 05, at 02:00, Steven Varco <dovecot.org at bbs.varco.ch> wrote:
>> I then increased the filesystem size and all the problems suddenly vanished.
>
> How large was your tmp before and after the change, out of curiosity?

Before it was 128 MB which is admittedly quite low. However, usually no compontent ever reachs this limit as temporary files are generally quite low in size, so I never had a problem with postfix, amavis, dovecot, or even a LAMP stack, and therefore I did not expect that in the first place.

After I have extended the /tmp volume to reasonably 1 GB which should be pretty fine for the future. :)

best regards,
Steven