Sieve vacation + SRS + forwarded e-mail

Saarts, Erik erik.saarts at vty.ee
Fri Jul 9 15:43:22 EEST 2021

Hello!

Having a problem here and am unable to solve it on my own and even dr
Google is unable to help.

We have domain A on cloud, from where mail gets forwarded to our local
server to domain B. Forwarding is done in
SPF-compliant way by using SRS (this part we have no control
over).  This SRS address ends up in
Return-Path header, and sieve vacation replies to this address.

This is all absolutely correct, but also useless, as sending mail to
SRS address leads nowhere.

I've tried to edit headers in sieve before passing control to
vacation, but that does not work. I tried modifying
Return-Path to the value of X-Original-Sender (both in user's sieve
file and using scripts in "sieve_before"
parameter). Mail gets delivered with changed headers, but vacation
acts upon original headers.

Is there a workaround? MTA is postfix (3.1.15), dovecot is version
2.3.4.1 (f79e8e7e4), Pigeonhole version 0.5.4
LMTP as local delivery agent.

Erik