AW: TLS Security

Stefan Schumacher s.schumacher at consulting1x1.com
Thu Jul 15 15:52:46 EEST 2021

Hi Justina,

Kali tools is of course extremly unprecise. Excuse me, I had a long stressful day and wanted to get this out before the end of the Day. Kali is a rolling release and I keep it up to date by upgrading every few days. I also update the feeds. What I actually use for security scans is the former OpenVAS, which now has been relegated to being a part of the Community Edition of the Greenbone suite. You have seen the values I have in Dovecot. What follows now are my settings in the postfix main.cf. As you can clearly see it, it should prevent connections from TLS below 1.2. Dovecot is of course not very fresh because it's Debian 10 and Debian 11 is just around the corner (a few days). These are the settings of my postfix main.cf. I am very tempted to grab an Image of Debian 11 and install ISPConfig and my Dovecot and Postfix settings there. I am of course open to any other suggestions. A the moment I consider to install a new Bullseye RC2 and then put my configuration on it. I am of course open for any other suggestions.

Yours sincerely
Stefan

smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.cert
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.key

smtpd_tls_eecdh_grade = strong
smtpd_tls_protocols= !SSLv2, !SSLv3, !TLSv1, !TLSv1.1
smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols= !SSLv2, !SSLv3, !TLSv1, !TLSv1.1
smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = high
smtpd_tls_security_level=may
smtpd_tls_ciphers = high
tls_preempt_cipherlist = yes
smtpd_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers = aNULL, MD5 , DES, ADH, RC4, PSD, SRP, 3DES, eNULL
smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers = aNULL, MD5 , DES, ADH, RC4, PSD, SRP, 3DES, eNULL
smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = !SSLv2, !SSLv3, !TLSv1, !TLSv1.1
smtp_tls_protocols = !SSLv2, !SSLv3, !TLSv1, !TLSv1.1