folders and subfolders

Stephane Magnier steph.mag220 at netcourrier.com
Fri Jul 16 11:41:55 EEST 2021

Hi,

Still  looking for the way to create folders and sub folders..

Today, I am using "mbox", which apparently doesn't work for this ? correct ?

So, I would probably  need to use maildir.. (
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/mail_location/Maildir/ ]

Today, what I am using  is :*mbox, *which is gather all the mailboxes of
user 1, user 2 in one folder... like : mbox:/var/spool2/mail/%u

1) I suppose, that If I am using "mbox" with .. : LAYOUT=fs, I won't get
these folders and subfolders  ? - Correct ?

2) Instead of having : "maildir:~/Maildir " which, I suppose got
each_user folder into their own home directory_ .. correct ? Can I have
: *maildir:/var/spool2/mail/%u *?

( I would prefer to gather all users' mailbox into one folder like
/var/spool2/mail/  )

3) if so, *mbox:/var/spool2/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u* => can
become : *maildir:/var/spool2/mail/%u:LAYOUT=fs:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u*

What do you think ?... before trying and breaking everything :-)... if
so, I will be killed

Thanks and regards