Fwd: Fwd: folders and subfolders

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:33:42 EEST 2021

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021, Stephane Magnier wrote:

> I found this page
>
> http://etutorials.org/server+administration/sendmail/part+i+build+and+install/chapter+4.+configure+sendmail.cf+with+m4/featurelocal_lmtp/
>
> Where they explained just to add this
>
> FEATURE(`local_lmtp')
> MAILER(`local')
>
> I can also see :
>
> FEATURE(`local_lmtp', `/usr/sbin/mail.local')
> MAILER(`local')
>
> So, having Dovecot : 10-master.conf
>      service lmtp {
>   unix_listener /var/run/lmtp {
>     mode = 0660
>     user = mail
>     group = mail
>     }
>   }
>
> I wrote FEATURE(`localhost_lmtp',`/var/run/lmtp')

No, no.  What you're stipulating here is that /var/run/lmtp is an
executable that communicates LMTP via stdin, whereas dovecot is configured
to communicates LMTP via a socket connection to /var/run/lmtp.  You need
to configure sendmail

 	FEATURE(`local_lmtp',`[IPC]',`FILE /var/run/lmtp')

If you don't need LMTP exposed to the internet (i.e. your front-end MTA
is on the same host as your LMTP), socket connection is probably simpler
and safer than TCP connections.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>