Monitoring of director back end nodes

Dan Conway darkc0de at archnix6.net
Fri Jul 30 01:55:13 EEST 2021

Hello,

When working with director, the state of the backend nodes are not
checked by Dovecot. The state always remains as "up". I understand that
there are external applications documented that monitor backend nodes,
and changes the state of them to "down" if they become unresponsive. The
question I have is are there plans to implement something built into
Dovecot that would monitor and change states based on backend "health"?
Or will it always be dependent on an external service?

Thanks.