quota-status fails when size=0 from Postfix

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Fri Jul 30 03:39:46 EEST 2021

On 2021-07-29 21:34, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Noel:
>> The only solution is to reject all mail for an over-quota recipient
>> during recipient restrictions, and if the mail passes that stage,
>> deliver it anyway even if it makes the user go over quota.
>
> Seconded. Is that possible with the current quota-status?

yes, and even it works with dokumented default config

what does not work is the size=forged-size problem is not implented
since it only works in postfix eof-data stage in mta, that means we
would all accept iso file sizes before we discovery that its oversizes
in the first place

dovecot will tell postfix to reject over quotas based on what is free
left quotas

it cant be solved better not even in bash

but one thing, it could be changed to use dovecot dict: if this is
already existing, then postfix could have a policy server that checks
dict: maps, and basicly this will provide support for dovecot can be
stopped but postfix still use dict in all supported postconf -m table
supported, if dovecot support them all

but the current implemention is imho still better