Timo - is the v2.3.15 GCC limitation really necessarily or it's just a bug?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri Jul 30 18:30:05 EEST 2021

On 7/29/21 07:33, Mart Pirita wrote:
> This is very bad news.
>
> I don't think that disto is old, if I can compile almost every software with it.
>
> So at the moment I have two choices, newer upgrade Dovecot or rollback the buffer_t changes and use latest version?

Just fyi, Centos provides an unusably old version of GCC for many
purposes. C11 support went into GCC a decade ago. I don't know why the
Centos GCC is so very very old, but you _can_ install a package with a
newer one. It's been long enough that I can't remember how you do that
but it shouldn't be too hard to learn how.

Perry