check_policy_service sends size=0

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Sat Jul 31 22:38:19 EEST 2021

On 2021-07-29 20:13, dovecot at ptld.com wrote:
>> It sounds like a better approach would be to make Dovecot reject any
>> email no matter what the size is (even size=0) if a user is over
>> quota. I'll take further discussion to the dovecot mailing list then.
>
> If you are not aware, dovecot has by default a 10% over quota grace.
> So even being a couple of bytes over quota it would still accept a
> small message.

10% of 1000 TB is still alot to accept :)

in dovecot it would make more sense to have accept 10M last mail since
postfix will accept one single 10M mail as default, then postfix policy
service checking storage in dovecot can see it only have room for one
single email more, before it gets rejected overqoutas in postfix

time for a policy server in postfix that uses dovecot quota dict
storage, postfixadmin already do this

if that is entirely done in the postfix side dovecot could be stopped
and it will still work on the postfix side of it, if dovecot policy
service is down, postfix will not get the result from it, but it could
failback to check dovecot dict still with is used in postfixadmin, hmm
:=)