Sieve daemon errors? (Part 1 of 2, Pt 2 to follow when Pt 1 resolved)

Arjen de Korte build+dovecot at de-korte.org
Sat May 1 18:46:23 EEST 2021

Citeren Dan Egli <dan at newideatest.site>:

> Still haven't heard back on why 4190 isn't being listened to. I put
> the entire /etc/dovecot/conf.d directory into
> https://www.newideatest.site/dovecot, so feel free to look at the
> configs and see if you can figure out why the sieve listener isn't
> running.

You messed up your 20-managesieve.conf. You should only have to follow
the below instruction to get the sieve listener running:

   # Uncomment to enable managesieve protocol:
   #protocols = $protocols sieve

So restore the original (it looks like it is in
20-managesieve.conf.ucf-dist) an just uncomment the one line that is
mentioned above so that it reads