disable pop3 ports?

Sven Strickroth sven at cs-ware.de
Tue May 4 21:53:15 EEST 2021

Hi,

I experienced the same issue in the past.

For me it was a systemd issue. In systemd
(</lib/systemd/system/dovecot.socket>) all ports were listed so that
systemd listens on these.

I solved it by placing the following content in
</etc/systemd/system/dovecot.socket>:
--- snip ---
[Unit]
Description=Dovecot IMAP/POP3 email server activation socket

[Socket]
#dovecot expects separate IPv4 and IPv6 sockets
BindIPv6Only=ipv6-only
ListenStream=0.0.0.0:993
ListenStream=[::]:993
KeepAlive=true