disable pop3 ports? (success)

lists lists at lazygranch.com
Tue May 4 22:49:49 EEST 2021

This has been a long thread. In summary, do this:

----
 From 10-master.conf (when using split config files)

service pop3-login {
    net_listener pop3 {
    port = 0
}
inet_listener pop3s {
   port = 0
   ssl = yes
}

This disables pop3 listeners even when the pop3 protocol is enabled.
-----

Regarding protection from the local host, if they can get on your system then they will just attack imap. But I suppose this port=0 thing is still a good idea since it reduces the attack surface.  I see no disadvantage.