huge mdbox broken / Log synchronization error

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu May 6 14:09:23 EEST 2021

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 09:56:48AM +0300, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> > I upgraded to 2.3.4 from stretch-backports now and rerunning force-fsck now.
> >
> This seems to indicate that there is some larger corruption in your mdbox files. I'm afraid it might mean that you need to rm the dovecot.map.index* files and force-resync then.

I reran force-resync and it ended with after showing every folder to rebuild mdbox:
[ ... 220K of them ... ]
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Debug: Mailbox o1tbffmh2legdry91sgdjykoa9: Mailbox opened because: mdbox rebuild
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Debug: Mailbox miy6ugauaz: Mailbox opened because: mdbox rebuild
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Debug: Mailbox rk3wmrgcgi4rugiwf7y3uec4ate: Mailbox opened because: mdbox rebuild
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Debug: Mailbox ixazuy553fhrt5zgow0: Mailbox opened because: mdbox rebuild
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Warning: Transaction log file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/storage/dovecot.map.index.log was locked for 15023 seconds (rotating while syncing)
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Error: Corrupted transaction log file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/dovecot.list.index.log seq 4: indexid changed: 1620283336 -> 1620289271 (sync_offset=0)
doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Warning: fscking index file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/storage/dovecot.map.index

I have no clue if this is a:

"I have repaired everything - be happy"

or

"Unfixable broken - Better use your backup"

So i guess i remove all dovecot.map.index* files now and restart over.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de