huge mdbox broken / Log synchronization error

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu May 6 14:22:03 EEST 2021

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 02:11:16PM +0300, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> > doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Warning: Transaction log file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/storage/dovecot.map.index.log was locked for 15023 seconds (rotating while syncing)
> > doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Error: Corrupted transaction log file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/dovecot.list.index.log seq 4: indexid changed: 1620283336 -> 1620289271 (sync_offset=0)
> > doveadm(inbox at wasteland.rfc822.org): Warning: fscking index file /var/vmail/wasteland.rfc822.org/inbox/mdbox/storage/dovecot.map.index
> >
> > I have no clue if this is a:
> >
> > "I have repaired everything - be happy"
> >
> > or
> >
> > "Unfixable broken - Better use your backup"
> >

> > So i guess i remove all dovecot.map.index* files now and restart over.
>
> I would suggest trying to fix it by adding nologin attribute to the account to avoid concurrent access before doing those things.

That does help me interpret the force-resync output?!?!

I stopped new delivery yesterday noon already by putting all mails on
hold in postfix (100K+ now already).

I made imap login now impossible by changing the password.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de