How to "activate" a mail directory?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 08:07:17 UTC 2022

Hello Aki,

the command works and shows the full path to the folder. However,
"dovecot mailbox list -s -u <username> <mailbox-wildcard>" did not list
the mailbox, so I tried to subscribe to it. It's listed now, but I still
cannot subscribe to it using Thunderbird.

I'm using dovecot to archive my emails locally, using getmail to receive
mails from my provider and managing these using Thunderbird
(IMAP-Server: local Dovecot, SMTP-Server: remote).

Kind regards,
Peter