Can't get it to work with conf.d files

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Feb 6 18:48:27 UTC 2022

I am trying to set up dovecot to be a sasl auithenticator for postfix
but it can't get it to function even on the most fundemental level

/usr/bin/dovecot -a -F -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# 2.3.16 (7e2e900c1a): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf line 48: Unknown setting: service
{ namespace { namespace

and before this, when I tried to get 10-ssl to work it said the same
thing - unknonw setting

Somewhere it is messed up in the syntax of the config files and I don't
know where or how to run it down in a debugger.

Here is the config file

mail2:[root]:/etc/dovecot# grep "^#" -v  /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf|grep
-v "^$"
protocols = pop3 submission
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
dict {
  #quota = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext
}
!include conf.d/*.conf
!include_try local.conf
mail2:[root]:/etc/dovecot#