On mailbox full, retry for 4 days or similar instead of reject

Jorge Bastos mysql.jorge at decimal.pt
Mon Feb 7 22:41:08 UTC 2022

Howdy,

I don't know if this is dovecot specific and i guess it may not be at
100% so I ask for help.

I want postfix not to discard the message imediatly when a mailbox is
full, i mean when postfix tries to deliver it to dovecot lmtp.
Is it possible to change the behavior to something like what postfix
does when he tries to deliver a message to an external server and the
server is unaccessible for 4 days (the default i guess), and if in that
period discard it.

Does this exists? At least i know gmail does something similar to this.

I've tried to google a bit but didn't found info that could lead me to
this configuration.

Thanks in advanced,
Jorge