Build with MySQL -> libmysqlclient not found

Dimitri dimitri_emich at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:05:39 UTC 2022

> John:
>
> ./configure --help
>
> might also be a good idea, I think it might have some options like:
>
> --mysql-libs=/path/to/lib
> --mysql-includes=/path/to/include
>
> or something similiar to use.

Unfortunately not, just the "--with-mysql" Option.

> Oscar:
>
> You might need CPPFLAGS as well. (e.g. CPPFLAGS="-I/test/core/mariadb/include")
> Check also "config.log" for errors.

I had already done both, just forgot to mention it.
But i should have looked further.

Near the end of config.log is saw:
================================

> | /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
> | Use char because int might match the return type of a GCC
> | builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
> | #ifdef __cplusplus
> | extern "C"
> | #endif
> | char mysql_init ();
> | int
> | main ()
> | {
> | return mysql_init ();
> | ;
> | return 0;
> | }
> configure:23386: result: noconfigure:23520: error: Can't build with MySQL support: libmysqlclient not found

================================
and thought that wouldn't help me.

Now i looked again but further up an saw:

> configure:23377: gcc -o conftest -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mfunction-return=keep -mindirect-branch=keep -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations> ...
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lzcollect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Zlib i have (of course ;) ) also compiled from source.
After adding "/test/dep/zlib/include" to CPPFLAGS and "/test/dep/zlib/lib" to LDFLAGS the configuration runs without errors.

However i don't understand why the configuration-script takes the non-standard path for openssl automatically and correctly from the PKG_CONFIG_PATH,
but the paths to my zlib and mariadb installations, which i also set in PKG_CONFIG_PATH not...