patch: make received-header on submission optional or optionally drop the from-part in it

dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de
Mon Jan 3 19:08:06 UTC 2022

> @others: due to the importance of it for us, I'm currently trying to
> implement it, but because that's my first deeper view in dovecots code,
> maybe I'll need some help.

okay, perhaps I've a solution for this.

because we're using standard-distribution-pkgs, we're checked it with
that version (devuan chimaera/debian bullseye) and it works as expected.

The port to the currently available version 2.3.17.1 was simple, because
only the Macro "DEF(SET_BOOL, ..." has changed to "DEF(BOOL, ..."
between that versions, but we only have tested the compilation of this
version.

because until now I've never really worked with git, I've no possibility
to follow that way for integration. Independently from this maybe you
won't like the changes and won't integrate them at all.

1. added an corresponding option to "lmtp_add_received_header" named
"submission_add_received_header"

2. added options "lmtp_add_rcvd_from" and "submission_add_rcvd_from"

3. added another arg to smtp_server_transaction_write_trace_record() to
handle the "*rcvd_from"-flags

4. beautified the header-construction within
smtp_server_transaction_write_trace_record() a little bit

5. added the options to default-config. (unset default is always keeping
old behaviour)

the patch for 2.3.17.1 is attached.

please let me know, if you're integrating it, because then I'll send the
patch for the old version to the devuan/debian-maintainers for
integration, so that we can update normally again.

regards

d.