GDPR/sender-ip (was: make received-header on submission optional or at least drop the ip in it)

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Wed Jan 5 17:00:31 UTC 2022

On 05/01/2022 17:44, Marc wrote:
>> Where people are sending email to public
>> mailing lists, there is no presumption of privacy.
>>
> I think the legislation is like this: the privacy is legislation is always applicable, there are no conditions under which there is 'no presumption of privacy'

Marc

my understanding of the GDPR legislation is that it defines what is
considered lawful processing. One of those items that makes the
processing lawful is consent. If I send an email to a public mailing
list I think it's fair to say that I am providing consent. I was not
suggesting that the legislation does not apply.

John