patch: make received-header on submission optional or optionally drop the from-part in it

dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de
Wed Jan 5 17:05:55 UTC 2022

Am 05.01.22 um 17:23 schrieb Michael Kliewe:

> In Postfix many privacy-friendly submission servers do the following:

[...]

nice feature, unfortunately we're currently not using postfix, because
none here has enough experience with it. maybe later...

but:

> The Received-Header is still there, so you can see the receiving server

for this the patch offers the option to simply drop the "by X.X.X.X" but
not the whole header itself. Because for lmtp there already was an
option to remove the complete header, this was also implemented for
submission.

(we know that information about the accepting system/software might be
useful for debugging problems)

d.