Non-user logins?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Sun Jan 9 14:03:02 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-09 11:11, Bernardo Reino wrote:

> Further to what others have replied, I find it odd that invalid e-mail
> addresses (in your case, www-data at mydomain.com) manage their way to
> your LMTP server (dovecot).

+1

> Normally, your MTA (postfix, I presume) should reject e-mails to
> invalid addresses (i.e. not existing in your system -> dovecot), so
> that only e-mails to existing addresses reach LMTP at all.

postfix will reject if its not in mynetworks

> So you should check your postfix configuration, and in particular
> virtual_mailbox_maps, etc.

it will work if dovecot do the alias to mailbox mapping in lmtp, but
this is just a dream :=)

postfix can do alias mapping before sending to dovecot lmtp, so all
local alias do work aswell

hope www-data stays local system user, that is not usable from outside
of postfix mynetworks

mydomain must not be a virtual domain in postfix here

mydomain should be a realm in postfix/dovecot

all the best