source code doesn't compile

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Jan 12 03:19:57 UTC 2022

I downloaded the dovecot source and it doesn't compile.  The install
script fails in auth because it makes a file and then tries to make a
directory over it

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/ruben/src/dovecot-2.3.17.1/src/auth'
make[3]: Entering directory
'/home/ruben/src/dovecot-2.3.17.1/src/auth'
  /usr/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/lib/dovecot'
   /bin/sh ../../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
auth checkpassword-reply '/usr/local/lib/dovecot'
 libtool: warning: 'libstats_auth.la' has not been installed
in '/usr/local/lib/dovecot/old-stats'
 libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/auth
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/auth
 libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c
.libs/checkpassword-reply /usr/local/lib/dovecot/checkpassword-reply
  /usr/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/lib/dovecot/auth'

I am running an older version of dovecott and would really like to
upgrade it and there is no package for this linux version

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com