ssl=required per user?

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Thu Jan 13 13:22:15 UTC 2022

Can ssl=required be forced on per user setting?

Right now I could modify password_query to check if %c (%{secured}) is
empty and return appropriate error as "reason" like in

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/nologin/#authentication-nologin

example.

Unfortunately password_query is a bit too late.

I would like to deny access as soon as possible, so just after user
sends his login.

(that won't help much in cases when client sends password early like
"AUTH PLAIN b64loginpass" but will help in all other cases)

user_query doesn't have this capability that password_query it seems.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )