sockets created for lmtp

Mike alaskabarsalou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:32:02 UTC 2022

Quoting Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com>:

>> > Can you provide any details on what you did, what you expected, and
>> > what you actually observed?
>> >
>> > Aki
>>
>> Sure.  I used the documentation to setup lmtp from here:
>>
>> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/howto/postfix_dovecot_lmtp/
>>
>> When issuing this command:
>>
>> ss -lxn | grep lmtp
>>
>> And I get:
>>
>> u_str LISTEN  0       100
>> private/lmtp 64917     * 0
>> u_str LISTEN  0       100
>> /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp 63578     * 0
>> u_str LISTEN  0       100
>> /var/run/dovecot/lmtp 63575     * 0
>>
>> When I expect:
>>
>> u_str LISTEN  0       100
>> private/lmtp 64917     * 0
>> u_str LISTEN  0       100
>> /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp 63578     * 0
>>
>> The first entry I believe belongs to postfix.
>> The second one is the one I set as above.
>> The third seems to be an extra.
>>
>> I have an Ubuntu setup if that matters.
>>
>> Again, I don't think it is an issue.  Everything seems to work, just
>> thought it makes sense to understand what is going on.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Check `doveconf service/lmtp`
>
> Aki

service {
   chroot =
   client_limit = 1
   drop_priv_before_exec = no
   executable = lmtp -L
   extra_groups = $default_internal_group
   group =
   idle_kill = 0
   privileged_group =
   process_limit = 0
   process_min_avail = 0
   protocol = lmtp
   service_count = 0
   type =
   unix_listener {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0600
     user = postfix
     path = /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp
   }
   unix_listener {
     group =
     mode = 0666
     user =
     path = lmtp
   }
   user =
   vsz_limit = 18446744073709551615 B
   name = lmtp
}

I assume the second unix_listener stanza is where the other entry
comes from, but I haven't a clue where it is getting defined.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Mike