sockets created for lmtp

mbarsalou at lcgalaska.com mbarsalou at lcgalaska.com
Thu Jan 20 20:26:53 UTC 2022

Quoting Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>:

> Am 20.01.2022 um 06:32 schrieb Mike:
>>   unix_listener {
>>     group =
>>     mode = 0666
>>     user =
>>     path = lmtp
>>   }
>>   user =
>>   vsz_limit = 18446744073709551615 B
>>   name = lmtp
>> }
>>
>> I assume the second unix_listener stanza is where the other entry
>> comes from, but I haven't a clue where it is getting defined.
>
> See https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/core/#core_setting-base_dir and
> then check your "doveconf -n base_dir".
>
> Alexander

Sorry, that wasn't very clear... I know where stuff gets set...  for
Ubuntu it is in the /etc/dovecot/conf.d directory.

When I look through those files, there isn't any place setting a
protocol for lmtp other than for the director.

However, even when I remove that entry for the director, it is still there.

So when I said I don't have a clue where it is set, I mean, it isn't
obvious how it is getting picked up from those config files.

I guess I could just start renaming files until I identify it.

Maybe something related to global versus service specific?

If I WANTED to set it in a global way, how would I go about that?

I figure if I do that and I can impact my config, then it will narrow
down where the issue is.

Mike