Stop used or not

Steven Varco dovecot.org at bbs.varco.ch
Fri Jan 21 09:06:36 UTC 2022

> Am 20.01.2022 um 19:13 schrieb mauric at gmx.ch:
>
> Sieve scripts running fine, but please what would mean the “Stop”, if I have multiple Policy that will run true, I need one stop to finish this per section?
>
> if header :is ["from","bcc","to"] [“Email-Address-one”, ”Email-Address-Two”, ”and so on”] {
>   fileinto ".\Magic-FolderName";
> stop;
> }

Without „stop;“ at the end and if you had a second rule like for example:
if header :is ["from","bcc","to"] [“Email-Address-one”, ”Email-Address-Two”, ”and so on”] {
  fileinto „.\Different-FolderName“;
}

the Mail would get copied in BOTH folders: „Magic-FolderName“ AND Different-FolderName.

If you want to STOP further proccessing of that mail, once it gets proccessed by a rule the first time, you use „stop;“ in the rule.
This means, even if a further rule would match the mail, it will not get proccessed by that rule anymore.

Steven

--
https://steven.varco.ch/