noob maildir question

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Mon Jan 24 01:43:53 UTC 2022

>>>>> "mikfum" == mikfum  <mikfum at protonmail.com> writes:

mikfum> I would like to ask if it is an acceptable practice to manage
mikfum> messages in the maildir as a file (move them from one folder
mikfum> to another) while dovecot is in stop state thinking that it
mikfum> will be rebuild to the next imap user login

No, it's not a good idea, bad things might happen.

what are you trying to accomplish?  Maybe we can give a suggestion if
we know what you are trying to accomplish.  Don't assume that a
certain method is the only way, just talk about the problem and what
you wnat to achieve, not HOW you want to achieve it.

Cheers,
John