Move sent emails to sent folder?

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Jun 17 05:52:09 UTC 2022

On 6/17/22 12:29, Austin Witmer wrote:
> Do I add this to my postfix main.cf file and what is the exact syntax?
Yes, e.g.:
sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/back-to-sent-folder

/etc/postfix/back-to-sent-folder : (simple key-value)
user at domain user+sent at domain

hash the file with: postmap back-to-sent-folder
this will create back-to-sent-folder.db which is what postfix will actually look at

>  Will this affect all users or just this user?

The content of the file determines that.

For details: https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps

In this example, we have only one line affecting only one user.

The data can be taken from other sources, including SQL database:

https://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#types