v2.3.19.1 released

Ralf Becker rb at egroupware.org
Mon Jun 20 07:03:06 UTC 2022

Hi Aki,

Am 14.06.22 um 12:24 schrieb Aki Tuomi:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Due to a severe bug in doveadm deduplicate, we are releasing patch release 2.3.19.1. Please find it at locations below:
>
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.3/dovecot-2.3.19.1.tar.gz
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.3/dovecot-2.3.19.1.tar.gz.sig
> Binary packages in https://repo.dovecot.org/
> Docker images in https://hub.docker.com/r/dovecot/dovecot
>
> Aki Tuomi
> Open-Xchange oy
>
> ---
>
> - doveadm deduplicate: Non-duplicate mails were deleted. v2.3.19 regression.
> - auth: Crash would occur when iterating multiple backends.
>    Fixes: Panic: file userdb-blocking.c: line 125 (userdb_blocking_iter_next): assertion failed: (ctx->conn != NULL)

As the above Panic is fixed I tried again (see my attached mail to the
2.3.19 release) and I can confirm to no longer get the Panic, BUT
authentication is NOT working either :(

Reverting back to a container with Dovecot 2.3.16, get's everything
working again.

We use a hourly updated local SQLight database and a dict for user- and
passdb.

Is the usage of multiple backends no longer supported, or did something
in that regard changed between 2.3.16 and 2.3.19.1?

Here's the relevant part of my config (full doveadm config -n is attached):

userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   driver = sql
}
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-auth.conf
   driver = dict
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-master-auth.conf
   driver = dict
   master = yes
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-auth.conf
   driver = dict
}

The SQLight DB is used for listing all users and to keep the replication running, even if the dict is unavailable.

Any ideas what might be the cause or how to narrow the problem down?

Ralf

--
Ralf Becker
EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]