Sv: Does disabling POP3 just mean removing it from the protocols list?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Mar 2 00:41:49 UTC 2022

Honestly, I think that's too much work for almost no gain.  Bots can do
password guessing just as easily via IMAP or SMTP AUTH so there is
little reason to think that trying to block POP3 access to them will do
any extra good at all.

If you want to put rate limiting in place then that's all good but you'd
best do it with all your entry points, not just POP3, and there's no
practical reason to actually prevent a user from using POP3 if that's
what they want (it limits features they have access to, nothing more).

Peter